[78-L] Source for 10-inch LP inner sleeves

Ron L'Herault lherault at verizon.net
Sat Oct 11 15:32:37 PDT 2008

I made 16" sleeves out of Kraft paper. It took a little time but it was not
difficult.  I started with an 18" wide roll and cut 34" pieces.  You fold to
leave a 2: flap at the top. You use the extra width to make 1" or slightly
less wide flaps at the sides.  You fold and glue one inside and one outside
to make strong edges or you can cut one off. You can also cut a separate
strip, fold and glue to the bottom for reinforcement.  I used the clear glue
that is in a soft tube and has an applicator tip that gave me reasonable
control over the amount and placement of the glue and I cut the corners of
the side and top strips away to remove bulk.  Fortunately for me, I have a
nice flat counter top in the kitchen that I could use for a work surface and
I was able to tape a yard stick to it to act as a stop for making folds.  I
think I could cut out and get ready to glue 10 an hour that way.  Once I had
a pile ready, I started gluing. I write a description of the contents on the
flap.

Ron L