[78-L] Philadelphia 1917 and the Liberty Bell

Glenn Longwell glongwell at snet.net
Fri Oct 10 08:08:21 PDT 2008

All this talk about Philadelphia and 1917 that sprang up from the record sleeve thread prompted me to post this which I had found fascinating.

http://www.majesticrecord.com/libertybell.htm

According to this article I found in Talking Machine World Victor recorded the Liberty Bell in 1917 but even the Liberty Bell people didn't know about it when I communicated with them through email.  I sent them this article.  Anyone know whether this recording survives?

Regards,
Glenn