[78-L] 78s To Computers.

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 9 15:53:16 PDT 2008

There are/were attempts to make higher fidelity CDs, call super-CDs or
some such, and audio DVDs. That may be why you are seeing occasionally
references to higher than standard audio CD parameters. I don't know how
these formats did in other countries, but in the US they have never made
a big splash with the general public. They appeal to high end audio geeks.

Some of those other specs may have been comp rates for MP3 files, for
which many rates are available, depending on the file size you want.

joe salerno