[78-L] long lines

Swamp Daddy swampdaddy at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 16:54:29 PDT 2008

Mal:  Actually that was the problem I faced, signal loss, not distortion.   I don't think much of computer audio anyway.  It's OK.  but I've yet to see the system that doesn't have hum, cross talk and other problems associated with digital and analog signals being near each other.   The best sound cards can be dependent of so many things including motherboard layout, etc.     I had one system that the audio card was picking up fan noise and simply moving it a few slots down the motherboard solved that.

Swamp