[78-L] Just a Passing Glantz

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Wed Oct 8 11:04:59 PDT 2008

It took me a long time to start paying any attention to a lot of these
acoustic studio band records,  but I've been very impressed with a lot of
the records issued by Nathan Glantz,  ditto Joe Samuels.  It is interesting
that neither of them made very many electric records...I can't recall off
hand if Samuels made any at all.  I guess both of them were somewhat older
than the other studio band guys like Lanin,  Rich, Selvin,  etc.  so maybe
by the mid- and late 20s they were just ready to start winding down.

Taylor B