[78-L] more on swastika

Mike Richter mrichter at cpl.net
Wed Oct 8 09:06:36 PDT 2008

joe at salerno.com wrote:

> Languages are so complicated....so to answer Mike's question, it depends
> on the age of your computer. You may have a swaskita in character map or
> not. I am not sure, but it may have been removed in some update.

Since you have the choice of typeface, you can populate it with the
characters you choose. If no standard font meets your criteria,
construct your own. I have done just that for a font with maximum
visibility (to me, of course) in smallest size. That Faxfont is my
preferred typeface for proportional display, with a standard set of
characters.

Again, whatever typeface you choose for e-mail will offer a set of
standard characters (alphameric the rest of them through 127), a set of
quasi-standard characters (essentially those of HTML 1) and slots for
whatever the font creator wishes. Unless you are coordinated with all of
your correspondents, what you see in those undefined slots is unlikely
to be the same as what they observe.

Mike
mrichter at cpl.net
http://www.mrichter.com/