[78-L] Fwd: Montréal^

Mike Richter mrichter at cpl.net
Tue Oct 7 10:22:51 PDT 2008

Howard Friedman wrote:
> Invert ? can be obtained with ALT +0191 - ¿.  Inverted ! must be around somewhere.  And of course you use the numerical key pad.  and ALT+o230 or ALT + 145 = æ or ALT +146= Æ and ALT+0198 - Æ.  They're all there, it just takes a little time and patience to find them all.  I believe ALT +o161 = ¡

Like the euro, pound and cents sign previously requested, those are not
part of the HTML1 alphabet so may be inconsistent depending on the
user's typeface. Unfortunately, the ess-zed sent by many German
keyboards is not the beta which is very similar and standard. As a
result, if you send beta to a German, it will seem right, but his
ess-zed will probably be wrong to you.

Many characters which look similar or identical have different ASCII
values in at least some alphabets. Hyphen and en-dash are obvious
examples, but there are more. E-mailing from MSWord to anyone not using
that program often stumbles on those.

Mike
mrichter at cpl.net
http://www.mrichter.com/