[78-L] 78man on youtube

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Oct 6 20:21:32 PDT 2008

Julian Vein wrote:
> Maria Fletcher wrote:
>
>> Dear all
>>
>> I am not sure if this site has been posted before, but it is well worth a
>> look - a youtube site where each record is played and filmed live!
>>
>> http://au.youtube.com/user/78MAN
>>
>> regards
>> Maria
>>
> There are other examples like this on youtube. I did find a few that
> were useful in my research.
>
>       Julian Vein

. . . but very few worth listening to because not only are we hearing
the record played on usually lousy phonographs, the microphone pickups
are usually incompetent.  On the other hand, the postings that show how
early and unusual automatic changers work are very important documents.
But usually on those postings we don't have to suffer through watching
the records being worn out or hearing a squeeking, squawking, horn
artifact laden misplaying of what otherwise would be a fine sounding
record if being played properly.