[78-L] Glad you guys are back and Radiex Question

Donna Halper dlh at donnahalper.com
Mon Oct 6 16:54:34 PDT 2008

And Steven-

>The ONE thing that has NEVER been detailed, AFAIK, is...exactly WHO
>took over the "mortal remains" of GG after its demise...and continued
>several of the labels, but NOT GG, until the spring of 1931...?!

Well, his father Robert died in 1931 and that was undoubtedly the end
of Theo's access to the family money, there is no reason to believe
Theo himself didn't try to keep the silly thing going.  He was still
running newspaper ads in 1928-9, and still had a listing in the phone
book (under Shaw Advertising Company) till about 1930; maybe when the
Depression hit, he gradually folded up everything.  It took till 1934
or 1935 (can't find my old notes) for the GG company to formally go
out of business, according to the file cards at the Dept. that
licenses corporations in Massachusetts.