[78-L] ANGEL.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 6 04:59:16 PDT 2008

The COLUMBIA trade-mark belonged to EMI in the UK, but they couldn't
use this label in the USA.

COLUMBA (CBS) was an entirely different company by this time. (Ir's
now owned by SONY, of-course).
Thus EMI had to overstick the labels with ANGEL labels when exporting
the records to the USA.
The recording angel was of-course the Gramophone Company's pre-dog
trade maek and EMI still owned that one` world-wide.

Earl.