[78-L] Rachmaninoff on DD

joe@salerno.com jsalerno at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 5 20:57:19 PDT 2008

SVR recorded 10 sides, 3 takes each. They turn up fairly often on
auctions lists.

There are 4 sides, all B takes, that I have never been able to locate,
otherwise I have all 26, and they have been reissued on LP/CD here and
there over time. His earliest surviving recordings. He also made one
test for Edison in 1919, no one has found documentation of what he
played or even of what format - disc or cylinder - this test was.

joe salerno