[78-L] Glad you guys are back and Radiex Question

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 06:22:17 PDT 2008

I'd never seen this side of the history of GG.  And as for what Steven
said about their not reprinting labels....I have two copies of 4004
which was a pair of Irish comedy 'Flanagan' routines; one side was
called 'Flanagan's married life' (can't recall the other now), both
credited to Steve Porter.  The older copy is an acoustic recording on
a Grey Gull label, and as poor sounding as all that that implies.  The
later one is on a Radiex label, and is an electrical remake.  However,
the label copy portion of each label is exactly the same (and quite
likely just used the same master printing plates) on both records,
never mind the matrix numbers only match with the acoustic record.