[78-L] Well Done! - and an Orthophonic Record question

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Oct 5 01:03:44 PDT 2008

Maria Fletcher wrote:
> many thanks for the replies - I am tempted to peel off one of the labels to
> look underneath - but will resist!

There would be nothing special under the sticker unless you have no
other American Victor Red Seal Scroll label in your collection.  The
label might come off with water.

> For the archive, I will post a photograph of the label - if the list allows
> image files?
>
> regards   Maria

The list does not allow images.  You either have to offer them as an
attachment off list to those who contact you, or you have to host them
(or have someone host them) and give us the URL.  There is another list
78-label but it has been inactive for quite a while although the archive
still exists and messages can be sent.  I think it is a yahoo list like
the 78-C commercial list and the 78-H ha-ha list. People post buying and
selling info on the former and lousy bad jokes on the latter.  Both were
formed to get those things off of this list -- you can see how badly
that idea worked.  But the 78-C does give the buyers and sellers a place
to go where they don't have to worry about interacting with a human being.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com