[78-L] Glad you guys are back and Radiex Question

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Oct 4 22:10:58 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.F. Bennett" <citypointsb at gmail.com>
> Folks,
>  Glad to see the list back Thank you Ron. I'm a newbie who hasn't
> contributed much as of yet, but I can tell you I really appreciate and
> enjoy
> the list. I've learned a lot from all of you.
>   Folks, Did Irving Kaufman record under the alias "Mr. X" for Grey Gull
> or
> it's Radiex label? I've got Cecilia Radiex 2203(a) sounds like Kaufman to
> my
> untrained ears. Thanks.

"Mr. "X" " was usually Arthur Fields on Grey Gull et al...! However, the
possibilities exist:

(1) The initial release WAS, in fact, Fields...but the later version was by
IK.
This is even more possible given that 2203 was issued around the time that
electric recordings were replacing acoustics...?!

(2) Grey Gull was famed for re-recording "hits" using different artists! As
well, they usually DIDN'T re-print labels, since that cost MONEY...?!

...stevenc